AM I READY TO GET STARTED?
- Not on probation / parole (or served at least half of probation term)
- No outstanding warrants or upcoming court dates
- Arrests / convictions took place in Santa Cruz County
If all of the above is true for you, you are ready for an intake appointment.
- Request a copy of your criminal record CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS
- Bring copy of your record to Clean Slate Office Hours:
- Request case summary from Santa Cruz Superior Court, Room 120, Santa Cruz CA 95060
- Must request record from the California Department of Justice PDF FORM
- Find live scan location site nearest you
- Bring above form, Photo ID, and check to cover live scan costs to most convenient live scan site
- Note: Live scan can cost up to $55. It is possible to have $25 of that fee waived by the Department of Justice by submitting a fee waiver form beforehand. PDF FORM
- Complete fee waiver form and mail to address listed on form. Be sure to include proof of public benefits if you are seeking a fee waiver on that basis!
- If granted, the Department of Justice will send you a special live scan request form. You MUST bring that form to your live scan appointment in order to receive the fee waiver.
Live out of County? Apply online through Code for America:
Clear My Record is a free, online, multi-county, referral application to clear convictions from your criminal record in California.